The Rectory of Oka dates back to
time of the grant of the Seigniory of the Lac des Deux Montagnes
King Louis XV to the Society of the Priests of Saint Sulpice on
17, 1717. As of this date, the Sulpicians construct there the
needed to serve to the Native People. In 1734, they permanently
there the Mission of the Mountain founded in Montreal.
The present rectory was built in 1923 to replace the one destroyed
fire. Until 1997, it served as the residence of priests serving
the Annunciation of the Virgin Mary
and the place of
relaxation for Sulpicians of the Montreal region.
Today the Rectory serves as:
- a house for relaxation and vacation of the Sulpician
- a meeting place for the formation of seminarians of the
Seminary of Montreal
- the place of the Solitude: a training program for candidates
the Society of the Priests of Saint Sulpice coming from the
the Canadian provinces.